South Carolina Only - 1-800-735-8583
Intrastate Only - 1-800-877-8973
TTY to Voice
A person who is deaf, hard-of-hearing, deaf-blind, or speech-disabled uses a TTY to type his/her conversation to a relay operator, who then reads the typed conversation to a hearing person. The relay operator relays the hearing person's spoken words by typing them back to the TTY user.
- Dial the relay TTY number.
- The relay operator will answer with "SPRINT RSC OPR 8234" (for relay operator identification), "F" or "M" (for Relay operator gender) and "GA." ("GA" denotes "go ahead.")
- Type in the area code and telephone number you wish to call and then type "GA."
- The relay operator will dial the number and relay the conversation to and from your TTY. Type in "GA" at the end of each message.
- When you finish conversation, type “SK” for "Signing Off" then hang up.